Bookends visits Baltimore's Inner Harbor
Bookends in New York City - April 17, 2009
Congratulations to our 2009 Bookends Dodgeball Tournament Champions!
Teachers let their hair down for the tournament :)
Bookends in the Library of Congress
Bookends at the World War II Memorial
Bookends is the name of our active Library Club. The purpose of this group is to promote student interest in the library, its activities, and lifelong learning. Each Bookends member gives up at least some of their study hall time to work in the Library. They work on various daily tasks and long term projects throughout the year. Formal meetings are held once a month after school.
- In December 2012, Bookends held its second annual Cookie buffet to raise money for its field trip to Philadelphia in the Spring.
- In May 2012, Bookends traveled to Hershey Park for its annual Field Trip. Fun was had by all!
- In Dec. 2011, Bookends held its first Cookie Buffet to raise money for its upcoming field trip to Hershey. The buffet was well received and a huge success!
- In Nov. 2011, Bookends sponsored a Holiday Food Drive to benefit the Milesburg Food Bank. Over 13 Boxes of non-perishable food was collected for the drive.
- On Dec. 3, 2010, Bookends & Spanish Club traveled to New York City for the day. They toured Ellis Island, Times Square, Rockerfeller Center, and several other well known attractions.
- In November, 2010, Bookends held a homemade Apple Dumpling and Bread Sale to raise money for their upcoming field trip to NYC.
- On March 20, 2010, Bookends held a Dodgeball tournament and concession stand to raise funds for their upcoming Baltimore Inner-Harbor trip. This year's champs were: Nick Taylor, Jake Taylor, Kevin Fayman, Justin Giedroc, Jon Gingrich!
- On Feb. 27, 2010, Bookends managed a concession stand at the World Tang Soo Do District 22 Western PA Championship that was held in the High School Gymnasium. The money raised will be used to defray expenses directly related to the upcoming Baltimore, MD trip.
- In November, 2009, Bookends held their second annual Food Drive to benefit the local Food Bank. 16 Large boxes of food items were collected from the BEA family for area residents.
- On April 17, 2009, Bookends traveled to New York City where they toured downtown on the open double decker buses. They saw Ground Zero, the Empire State Building, Battery Park, the Statue of Liberty, Madison Square Garden, Rockefeller Center, Times Square, the United Nations, and the Hard Rock Cafe.
- On January 21, 2009, the group held its first Dodgeball Tournament Fundraiser. 10 teams competed for the title of Dodgeball Champs. The winning team's picture is posted above.
- Bookends held three other fundraisers this year; two soup and bread sales, and one basket raffle. All three activities were a huge success and helped raise money for the trip to NYC.
- On May 19 and May 22, 2008, Bookends managed concession stands for the Boys Baseball Playoff games at BEA. The money raised will be used in future activities and events.
- On April 18, 2008, the group traveled to Washington D. C. where they toured the Library of Congress and visited the Capitol, the Washington Monument, the World War II Memorial, the Lincoln Memorial, the Vietnam Memorial, the White House, and the Hard Rock Cafe.
- On February 23, 2008, Bookends managed a concession stand at the World Tang Soo Do District 8 Western PA Championship that was held in the High School Gymnasium. The money raised will be used to defray expenses directly related to the upcoming Washington, D.C. Trip.